Today I will share the 10 commandments I follow to live my life happily, hoping to avoid the regrets one might have at 60. I know our average age has reduced compared to previous generations but I blame global warming for it. So read on and be happy.
1) If you won’t try it, you will never know for sure. And ‘what if’ is a big dark hole.
2) Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.
3) Family and friends will always be important. At every stage.
4) Love happens once… then again and again and again. It’s your life you decide.
5) Job and career can change and they are not the only thing that defines you. Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you or makes you happy.
6) You are never obliged to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
7) You can always make a wrong decision. You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
8) The pain that you’ve been feeling, can’t compare to the joy that’s coming.
9) Faith is taking the first step even when you can’t see the whole staircase. Have faith.
10) And remember, you’re the kind of experience most people wait lifetimes for.
Hope this helps. If not then do make your own list and share with me. I’m always ready to change, see no. 6 in the list.